Monday 31 August 2015

Things I Liked in August

August has been kind of intense. Uni started up last week of July which turned everything into a rollercoaster of crazy. Readings for uni have meant not a lot of fiction reading, and the stress has meant not a lot of liking things and also a lot of strongly identifying with tumblr art. My 'me' tag is kind of full of cartoons about procrastination.

In particular I have been hardcore relating to Beth Evans' drawings. Plus they're super cute.

I have managed to read most of Every Day is For the Theif by Teju Cole, which is fantastic. It was suggested for my english class, and I am enjoying it a lot. 

I've been listening to this song a lot. Dodie is a really great musician, I love her songs.

First Dog on the Moon is always my favourite. Here is his cartoon on the Border Farce debacle. This government though. Really needs to go in the bin.

Finally I really liked this video from one of my favourite youtubers, Rosianna, about youtube becoming mainstream. It sparked some super interesting discussion. Might even write a post about it if I have time. Youtube culture is something I find endlessly fascinating to think about.



No comments:

Post a Comment