Thursday 28 May 2015

Australian YA (snapshot from my bookshelf)

Something that frustrates me about the internet is how easy it is to get stuck in an American centric place, particularly when it comes to book recommendations. The other night on Twitter I noticed a few people tweeting photos of their favourite Australian YA novels under #loveOzYA



I grabbed some of my favourite Australian YA authors off my shelves. Australia has a lot of talented authors, I couldn't recommend highly enough. I think I would probably frequently say Melina Marchetta is my favourite author. 

Of course there are heaps more amazing Australian authors who I don't happen to own.

I'm trying to work on increasing the number Indigenous books I read, I know this list is lacking in that. I hope to fix that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment